Sunday, November 8, 2009

Albertsons: 96% Savings


Total For All This: $4.41!  96% Savings!

Transaction # 1 Before Sale and Coupons: $42.95
Total for Transaction # 2 Before Sale and Coupons: $57.81
Amount in parentheses reflect sale prices with Albertsons Prefered Card

If you are new to using coupons start here.
For Coupon Lingo go here.

Transaciton # 1

(4) Progresso Broth $1.49 ($5.96)
Used (4) 50¢/1 MF here
Final Price: $3.96

(5) Yo-Plus $2.49 each ($12.45)
Used (2) $1/1 from 10/4 GM  insert and (2) $1/1 here
Final Price: $7.45

(4) Yo-Plait Delights $2.49 each ($9.96)
Used (2) $1/1 from 10/4 GM insert and (2) here
Final Price: $5.96

(1) Betty Crocker Cake Mix 99¢

(1) Green Giant Vegetable 79¢

Total Before Coupons: $30.15
Total After Coupons and (3) Doubled $1 Coupons: $16.15
Received $15.00 Off Next Purchase Catalina
Final Total: $1.16

Transacation # 2

(4) Cheerios $1.88 each ($7.52)
Used (2) $1/2 from here (IE) or here (FF)
Final Price: $5.52

(2) Golden Grahams $1.88 each ($3.76)
Used (1) $1/2 GM Cereals  from 11/8 SS
Final Price: $2.76

(1) Cinnamon Toast Crunch ($1.88)
(1) Cocoa Puffs ($1.88)
Used (1) $1/2 GM Cereals from 11/8 SS
Final Price: $2.76

(6) Knorr Rice Sides 99¢ each ($5.95)
Used (2) $1/3 here (IE) or here (FF)
Final Price: $3.95

(2) Betty Crocker Frosting $1.69 each ($3.38)
Used (2) 50¢ from 10/25 SS
Final Price: $2.28

(2) Wishbone Salad Dressings $1.99 each ($3.99)
Used (2) 75¢/1 here (IE) or here (FF)
Final Price: $2.49

(1) Yoplait Delight $2.49
Used (1) $1/1 from 10/4 GM
Final Price: $1.49

Total Before Coupons: $30.85
Total After Coupons and (3) Doubled $1 Coupons: $18.25
 Final Total after $15 Catalina: $3.25 OOP

This shopping trip was actually a comedy of errors!  My first transaction rang up under $30 before coupons due to a math error on my part, so the cashier had to suspend the order while I went and got more items.  Then one of my coupons was expired by a day, so I had to fumble to find a new one (fortunately I always bring back-ups).  At the end of my transaction the catalina didn't print so another cashier had to force print one after carefully inspecting my entire purchase.  I was going to do another transaction, but after the problems with this one I decided to wait and do my next transaction at the Albertsons down the road (hoping for better luck). 

The second transaction turned out better, but the catalina didn't print at this Albertsons either!  Oh my!  Another cashier once again carefully inspected my order and force printed my catalina.  But, her catalina machine ran out of paper so she had to go to the office and photocopy a catalina for me. (I hope it works!)  A bit of a headache, but for 97% savings I'm still happy! 

For those new to couponing, do not be discouraged, this doesn't happen to me often.  If you ever have problems with catalinas printing, always ask a manager to review it.  Generally they will force print one for you.  If they say they can't, you can always call the catalina company at 1-888-826-8766 and they will instruct you on how to obtain it.

For more Albertsons deals this week go here.  Remember, these double coupons are good through November 10th.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super saving Kim! I'm really impressed!

Anonymous said...

hey, it happened to me too. They forced printed 2 of my coupons, at 2 different Albertson's. They are suppose to sum total the amount, then take the coupons off for it to print the catalina. The first Albertson's I went to needed to look at every coupon at a time. What a hassle! I like the other store better. No hassles. It is 20-30 min away, so I don't go there all the time. Well worth the trip though.

Creative_Wheeler said...

Hey, Kim. What are the details of the catalina discount? I googled it, and figured out it's a checkout coupon. I'm just wondering how I find out about these kind of discounts and there requirements. ~H

Kim said...

Hi there, I actually recently wrote a post on catalina coupons: http://pugetsoundprudence.blogspot.com/search/label/What%20Are%20Catalina%20Coupons%3F

Or you can just click on the label "What are catalina coupon?" They are generally only advertised on other catalina coupons that you receive in the stores. I often also find out about them from other bloggers who post them. Unfortunately there isn't one specific site you can go to that lists them all. Check out my post, then let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be happy to let you know if I have the answer!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama • Digiscrap by Kevin and Amanda