HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HERE'S TO A NEW DECADE! HOORAY!
It's been a while since I've blogged and I actually had a hard time getting back on the computer today. I've really enjoyed all the time I've been spending with my family this holiday season! It's also been great opportunity for me to reflect on the past and look to my plans for the future. Like most people, New Year's Resolution ideas have been spinning in my head. I've decided not to call them resolutions this year though; instead these are a few of my goals:
- Track my spending and saving more diligently, and post my numbers monthly. I am going to use the templates that Angela created over at The Coupon Project.
- Give more! My oldest daughter and I had the awesome experience of giving back to a family shelter we stayed at years ago. I am so grateful for all I have been given and it is amazing to see how life can change for the better. I want to try and bring donations throughout the year to share some of what my family has been blessed with.
- Apply some new approaches to blogging. I almost decided to stop all together after taking this little hiatus, but decided instead to make a few changes (because I've found that this blog this is a great way to track my money saving progress and is a fun new way to interact with other bloggers and deal seekers). So, here's what I am doing differently: 1) Blog only when my baby daughter is sleeping. At times I was drawn to the computer to blog about some "hot deal" that could have waited a few hours. 2) Stop pressuring myself to post in order to "keep up with The Joneses" of the blogging world. It's about quality, not quantity, and what appeals to me. 3) Be more organized and plan ahead. For example, do "Works for me Wednesday" and my weekly spending review regularly!
- Speaking of weekly, also do weekly meal plans and post them. It's probably going to save me time, money, and energy. Hopefully I will look back and wonder why I didn't start doing this sooner!
- Continue to become a savvier shopper! I've only been at the coupon game a short time, so I am constantly learning new tricks and trends. Like I mentioned above, this is a great spot for me track my progress. It will be fun to look back a year from now and see my improvements as I share what I learn through my blog. Hopefully I will help others out along the way!
Photo Courtesy of Flickr/sea turtle.