Saturday, January 16, 2010

Giving Back Challenge: Helping Haiti



Update:
I just found out that many bloggers are banding together to help those in need.  It is so wonderful to witness the response to this terrible crisis.  For my part, my family and I will donate 50¢ to The American Red Cross for everyone who leaves a comment on this post or links up below through January 17th.  Please visit Money Saving Mom to see ideas for helping those who are suffering in Haiti and for a list of more blogs you can stop by to leave a comment on. 


It is so sad to witness the devastation that has happened in Haiti.  As a nurse, I wish I could hop on plane and join those providing care to the injured.  Of course that is not a possibility, but there are plenty of other ways to help!  Amber at Coupon Connections NW is asking us to consider giving some of the money from our grocery savings to help with the relief efforts and for fellow bloggers to spread the word.  Click here to access the CNN website.  There you will find links to the highest rated non-profit charities that are accepting donations to help those affected by this horrible tragedy.  I know Money Saving Mom also has something planned that she will be announcing tomorrow.


I am reminded once again by how blessed I truly am.  I pray that God is with all of those in such desperate need in Haiti right now!

Here are some ways you can easily donate.  Every little bit does help!
  •  Donate to the American Red Cross here or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.
  •  Text "HAITI" to 90999, which will charge an additional $10 to your phone bill for the month as a donation.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by to link up or leave a comment!  I am touched by all of the  generosity I've seen over the past several days!  We will be making our donation today, January 17th. 


Share this!

25 comments:

Jen said...

I've done a post as well pledging to give to World Vision for every blog link & comment that I receive! http://www.thriftynorthwestmom.com/2010/01/help-for-haiti-how-you-and-i-can-help.html

Michelle said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. All of these bloggers giving selflessly - it is so wonderful!

Lesley said...

Thanks for your comment and for what you are doing to help the people in Haiti! :) Have a great day!

Kristin said...

Thanks for your donation!

*carrie* said...

Kim,

Thanks for this opportunity to help bless others!

Michele said...

Thank you for your generosity!

Star said...

I was able to donate my swagbucks and am also commenting on blogs to help raise money for Haiti!

Leesa said...

This is such a fantastic thing that all of these bloggers are doing. Thank you! We will be donating directly to the Red Cross.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making comment-fueled donations! I texted my donation and I'm now commenting on others blogs in order to increase the donation potential. :)

Jennifer said...

Oops, I hit enter before putting my link in... so, here it is:

http://mcquill-land.blogspot.com/2010/01/finer-things-friday-coming-together.html

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all you are doing. I am praying for the people in Haiti. I donated $10 via text to the Red Cross for Haiti. I posted on Facebook and challenged others to donate. I am also visiting other blogs like this to help with donations.

Anonymous said...

My husband is a Haitian American, and we are devastated by this disaster.
I appreicate all you do and keeping people in Haiti in your prayers. We donated to Red Cross and Direct Relief International. We are also planning on donating to other organizations as well. Again, thank you for your help.

Kristy said...

Thank you for helping in the effort to help Haiti. Thank you for contributing to My Pet Saving's donation to help the people and animals of Haiti. I am now a follower of your blog. :)

http://www.mypetsavings.com

Anonymous said...

I gave to Oxfam and Episcopal Relief and Development.

Cecily said...

Thanks for helping Haiti. Every little bit helps.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea!

Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day! I really appreciated the comment love!

Anonymous said...

I donated to Samaritan's Purse.

emily said...

I am donating my Swagbucks to the cause and commenting on generous blogs like yours. :)

Robyn said...

We donated to Catholic Relief Services which goes directly to Haiti, and my 6 year old son wants to donate the charity portion of his allowance to Haiti. You're doing a great thing!

Havoc on the Hardwood said...

Thanks for doing your part to help Haitian earthquake victims.

I'm giving $10 eCOUPONs to my online gift store Gifts For One Gifts For All (www.giftsforonegiftsforall.com) to those that have donated to organizations helping the Haitian earthquake victims. When the eCOUPON is redeemed, 10% of the purchase will also be donated to organizations helping Haiti. Read my blog for more details at http:/bit.ly/DONATE2HAITI on how you can receive your eCOUPON for donating.

If you're blog is making donations for comments or links made and you want to thank those that have contributed to your blog, contact me at info@giftsforonegiftsforall.com to a eCOUPON you can give those that have help you give.

Don't forget to contact me to receive your eCOUPON for doing your part to help Haitian earthquake victims.

Unknown said...

We gave through CrossWorld International and are praying.

Anonymous said...

I'm donating to the Red Cross and praying for the victims. Love, Mom

Jenna said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing. I pray for all of those in Haiti.

Candace April said...

I am just so happy to see all these bloggers helping--I was trying to keep a list but just cannot keep up. So, I added a linky, too, including our pledge for up to $200 + $200 matching:

http://www.bloganthropy.org/2010/01/help-for-haiti-from-bloggers/

Laura said...

Add me to your numbers! Thanks for all you do.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama • Digiscrap by Kevin and Amanda