Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Week of Savings In Review: 1/11 - 1/16



You will notice that I am only counting six days in my review this week.  That is because I accidently added an extra day to last week's review, so I am getting back on track.  I purposely did very little shopping the past week, skipping my usual Walgreens and Rite Aid trips all together.  The reason for this is that I just didn't feel like shopping much, mostly because I am stocked up on my personal care items, including diapers.  Here are my trips to the grocery store:



Fred Meyer:

Spent: $26.66
Saved: $30.04 or 57%

Best Deals:
All Detergent: $1.50 each
Fred Meyer Soda: 10¢ each
Fred Meyer 6 pk Double Roll TP: 99¢ each
Rosarita Refried Beans: 66¢ each
Land O' Frost Deli Meat: $1.50 each
Bread: Reduced to 79¢
Gum: 44¢ each
Hunt's Pasta Sauce: 45¢ each (eCoupons didn't subtract!)

Fred Meyer (HERE):

Spent: $4.50
Saved: $15.18 or 79%
(Updated, I almost forgot this trip!)



Albertsons:

Spent: $1.40
Saved: $9.91 or 88%
I used $5.50 in catalina coupons!

Best Deals:
Potatoes 10 lbs: 99¢
Chicken: 69¢ per lb

My husband did stop by the store on his way home from work to pick up milk and tomatoes that I didn't snap a picture of.  I don't have the receipt either, but he says it was around $3.  That makes my total for the week $31.36.  This is really low for me, and I will be making up for it next week.

Here is how I am doing so far this month:





Shelf Cost of Items Purchased: $447.37
Coupon Savings: $164.12
Discounts/Store Savings: $146.98
Savings Total: $311.10

Total Out of Pocket This Month: $138.28
Total Savings: 69.5%

How are you doing?  Sometimes I think that I need to spend a little less money.  I read a lot of other blogs and am always amazed at how many of them can stay under $50 a week.  That is simply not realistic for me at this time.  I have been seriously coupon clipping, deal seeking and stockpiling for about 6 months now.  I still have a lot to learn, and am getting better all the time.

If you are new to the whole coupon game and want to get started, or aren't saving as much as you would like, I recommend checking out Angela's Getting Started Post HERE.  It is a great resource for beginners, and even seasoned shoppers who want to pick up a few tips!  You will find an awesome savings tracker there that you can download too!
Share this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama • Digiscrap by Kevin and Amanda